Almost 2 million watched last nights All Blacks game

The RWC semi-final was watched by 1.9 million viewers across the country last night according to the official agency that monitors television ratings, AGB Nielsen.

That equates to almost half of NZ’s population watching the game on television (48.7% of all people 5+ nationwide).

The match also attracted a massive share of the television audience last night. 89% of viewers watched the rugby live on one of the 4 channels simulcasting the RWC Semi-Final leaving only 11% of viewers watching different programming.

BREAKDOWN BY CHANNEL (thousands of viewers):

TV ONE 659,400

Sky Sport 653,300

TV3 397,800

Maori TV 262,700

– TVNZ