Month: March 2009

Home 2009 March
Post
Sacha McNeil Reveals Pregnancy

Sacha McNeil Reveals Pregnancy

TV3’s Sacha McNeil this morning revealed that she is 5 months pregnant. McNeil, who presents the news on Sunrise says she doesn’t know the sex of the baby. Watch the clip below:

Post
TVNZ to introduce TiVo

TVNZ to introduce TiVo

TVNZ has acquired a stake in Hybrid Television Services, paving the way to launch TiVo in New Zealand. The company has announced the acquisition of the 33% stake in Hybrid Television Services, the exclusive licensee of TiVo in Australia and New Zealand, from Seven Media Group. Seven Media Group retains the remaining 67%. Hybrid Television...

Post
What do news anchors do during the ad breaks?

What do news anchors do during the ad breaks?

Ever wondered what Hilary and Mike or Simon and Wendy get up to in the commercial breaks? In this report from CNN, Jeanne Moos looks at what one American news team have come up with to fill their 2 and a half minutes of down time.

Post
Samantha Hayes to CNN?

Samantha Hayes to CNN?

Ok, maybe not. But it appears that the Nightline presenter has a namesake at CNN.  According to her profile, Samantha Hayes is a national correspondent for CNN based in Washington, D.C. She files feature stories and breaking news reports as well as providing custom live reports for approximately 800 CNN Newsource affiliates.

Post
TVNZ 6 & 7 to join Sky platform

TVNZ 6 & 7 to join Sky platform

TVNZ and SKY Television have signed a new agreement making all of TVNZ channels available to SKY’s more than two million viewers. The agreement provides for High Definition versions of TV ONE and TV2 to be available to MYSKYHDi viewers from June 1, for TVNZ 6 and 7 to be available to all SKY viewers...

Post
New C4 logo?

New C4 logo?

It appears from this billboard on the corner of K and Ponsonby Roads in Auckland that C4 may have a new logo. Here is a look back at C4’s predecessor, TV4: Thanks to Tenani for the heads up.

Post
MediaWorks to turn out the lights

MediaWorks to turn out the lights

MediaWorks has confirmed its involvement in WWF’s Earth Hour, a worldwide initiative to combat global warming. On Saturday, March 28 between 8.30pm – 9.30pm New Zealanders are being encouraged to switch their lights off in a bid to reach the target of one billion people around the world who are committed to fighting climate change....